Saturday, November 23, 2013

A thankful heart part 3! An ode to my love.

Yesterday marked the magical day when Logan and I got married 5 years ago. I love that guy with all my heart, so today I am devoting my thankful post to him. My Lovebug is everything to me. We met when I was just a few days away from turning 18. He just got home from his mission 3 days earlier, and I heard from all kinds of people what great guys the "twins" were in the moore family. I already knew the rest of the family, and of course, I thought they were all pretty incredible..so yeah I was curious about these twins. I had seen a family picture a while before meeting him so I already knew he was a dream boat. Unfortunately, the day we met was in the midst of a break-up between me and my high school boyfriend. Needless to say, that night was not the "love at first sight" moment that would have made for a sweet story. Instead, I was distracted and a little heartbroken, and he was quiet and a little bit awkward about being around a bunch of people after being in brazil for 2 years. We did chat for a few minutes, that was that, and I didn't think much of him for the next few months. The next time I saw him was thanksgiving morning at the singles ward turkey bowl. He walked onto the field looking (in my eyes) super foxy, really he looked kind of silly with his under armour gear and sweat bands, but it was as if the heavens opened and I KNEW I wanted him. badly. I told his older brother Kyle, who I had gotten to be close friends with, that I was interested in him and that I wanted him to put in a good word for me and help me out. He was all for it, but little did I know that pretty much every other single girl that knew him was thinking the same thing I was. Oh, and Tanner, the other twin, got snatched up real quick by my childhood friend Alana FAST. The fell in love on their first date, and decided to get married. So a whole lot of attention was on my lovebug. I had  my work cut out for me.  Lucky for me, I was awfully determined to make him fall in love with me. I watched football for an entire Saturday one time...and he hadn't even kissed me yet. I knew it was love people..I only went to the football games in high school for the social aspect..my back was usually to the field. With a lot of phone calls, texts, and shameless flirting,  Somehow he really did seem interested in me, and from the first thanksgiving I have never ever thought about anyone else. We fell head over heels in love, and we spent a year getting to know each other and falling harder and harder. The man of my dreams took me to the Temple almost exactly one year after I knew I wanted him to to be mine at that turkey bowl. We spent that next thanksgiving on a cruise ship on our honeymoon. Sometimes I can't believe that I really did marry the man of my dreams. He is everything I ever wanted, and so much more than I ever asked for. I loved him so much on our weddng day, but somehow I love him more now. It really is an incredible thing, marriage and love. I am the luckiest girl in the world, and I don't know why he chose me, but oh I am sure glad he did. I love you my sweet love bug. Here's to eternity together! xoxo
 
"We were never meant to be apart"

1 comment:

Bon said...

Happy Anniversary! I love this story!