Friday, August 2, 2013

Landon pulls the fire alarm

Well if our ward didn't know who we were before, they certainly do now.  Here's how our sunday at church went:

We are working on Landon enjoying church in general, and lucky for us there's a family with a few teenage girls who he has taken a liking to, and we have sat next to them for the past few weeks. He plays with the oldest girl, Taylor. It's great seeing him interact with other people. The only downside is that we've been sitting towards the front of the chapel and between walking out with chlo, and taking lando to the bathroom we get up a lot...and landon seems to have to pee (or sometimes #2) more than once during sacarement meeting. Like dancing in place, holding himself pee. We can't very well ask him to hold it until after the meeting. So the third time he had to pee (excessive I know, we'll cut down on drinks before church, haha) it was 5 minutes until the meeting was supposed to end and the speaker showed no signs of stopping. I was already out in the foyer with chloe, so Logan took landon and when he was done they just stayed out with me since it was almost over. By this time the speaker was taking too long - it was 5 minutes after the hour, and he said "I'm running out of time, I'll skip a few things - actually, no I won't" haha, and to make matters worse it was like 85 degrees in the building, the AC wasn't working right or something. Meanwhile in the foyer Logan and I see landon heading towards the fire alarm. The bright, shiny, red, same  level as the lightswitch, fire alarm. Logan runs after him - but not fast enough. Lando's curiosity got the best of him and he pulled that alarm. While the speaker was still going. It was so loud. He froze. Everyone is told to evacuate outside..haha evacuate?? It was my 2 year old that pulled the alarm, no need to evacuate! We just follow directions and head out to the parking lot, mind you we have 1:00 church, and we live in Arizona, and its July, yeah it was 110 degrees outside. Men are in suits, babies were woken up and crying, girls were complaining of sweating. It was actually pretty funny. Our friend Taylor told us this has happened a few times before, once before the fire truck had to come to make sure it wasn't actually a real fire .So I'm hoping the fire truck doesn't come this time, because lets be honest, it's Landon, and if he figured out a way to see a real life fire truck by pulling a shiny red lever, and it would help get him out of nursery?? I'm sure it wouldn't be the last time that alarm got pulled by this 2 year old. Lucky for us, no fire truck was necessary, and after just a few minutes we were back in the building. With a lot of people for the rest of church saying things like"Oh I heard a rumor that it was your son that pulled the alarm!" or "the speaker was going over time anyway" or "the things little boys will do to see a fire truck!!" It was definitely a sunday to remember.

The upside was that this was the first week ever that he didn't cry when I dropped him off at nursery. I think he thought he would be in a lot more trouble for pulling the alarm so when I told him it was time to go to class he looked at me and said "Ok, I not gonna be sad" and off he went.


1 comment:

Helen said...

Oh my gosh, that's too funny! I feel like Landon & Lottie would be good friends. She would have thought the fire alarm prank was hilarious. Who the heck puts a fire alarm that low?!!