Tuesday, August 13, 2013

I said "Oh my, what a marvelous tune"

I am driving to my sweet home of san diego tomorrow to see none other than Taylor Swift on Thursday night......ahhhhh!! This will be my 3rd time seeing her live and I can hardly contain my excitement. So, in honor of the upcoming festivities I thought I'd do a throwback post. I never did tell the story about when we got to experience "Taylor on Ellen" nearly a year ago, so here goes it!

 P.S. if you're not a Taylor fan, you should probably just stop here.

Just days before Logan, Landon and I were about to leave Missouri, Ellen DeGeneres announced that Taylor Swift would be on her show promoting her new album "RED" and she wanted taylor's biggest fans to be there, so she was holding a contest where you briefly explain why you should be chosen. My sister in law Nikki put together this video of my niece emmy and we tweeted/emailed/facebooked it like crazy, we got everyone we know to do it too. Later that night, nikki called to tell me that we were going to Taylor on Ellen. yes. we got tickets. yes I nearly peed my pants.
 
Just a week later we made it back home to san diego, and it was time to head to the warner brothers studio to see the live outdoor performance!! eek! But only after we shopped and found new outfits of course. (I should also mention that although sweet Emmy Claire was the one that got us the tickets with her adorable-ness, we were told she was too little to be in the audience :( someday she'll see taylor live. )
 
The show wasn't scheduled until the afternoon, but we wanted to get there bright and early...So early we left when it was still dark. We got to the LA Zoo (where we waited in the parking lot until the shuttles came to get us later in the day) and we saw that there were only a few people there early too.. stoked! Turns out the people that were already there were 'standby' folks who were hoping to get in..so basically we were the first people in line who actually had tickets there were just a few people ahead of us! The crowd quickly grew to probably 1,000 people and we were so glad we decided to leave as early as we did. It came time for us to get our wristbands and the numbers started at 100. We were 107-110. Out of 1000, it felt good.
 
Pretty soon the busses came to shuttle us over to the studio, and we lined up in order of our wristbands. Lucky for us.. we got this bus.
 
As soon as we got to WB, me and loshy had to pee. like bad. so Nikki, Ashleigh, and Emerald ran ahead to get our spots. It was kind of mobbish at this point, but when we got out of the potty we found our group on the far side of the catwalk..FRONT ROW. like..you couldn't get any closer. We were like little school girls, except not totally, since there were lots of little school girls there most of which were crying because of their closeness to the stage.
 
We waited while the stage got set up, and I saw a little bobble head Abe Lincoln up there. If you're a crazy fan like me, you know Grant Mickelson is taylor's guitarist, who happens to be obsessed with Abe, and he brings the bobblehead to every show. I saw that as an opportunity to tweet mr. mickelson, so I snapped a picture of Abe and tweeted "I spy abe!" please keep in mind, I would probably be just as excited to meet Taylor's band members as I would be to meet her. anyway, a few minutes later I got a tweet back. FROM GRANT. he said "YES!! He comes with me everywhere I go!" Ohh I about died. and shortly after I had hundred of taylor fans following me on twitter because he re-tweeted me..flattering, and kind of creepy. haha.
 
 
 
 
FINALLLLLLLY Taylor came out to sing for us, and this was my view. No zoom necessary.
 
(click the song for the video)
 
Right before she started singing Begin Again and going on Air everyone got quiet and I yelled "I love you Taylor!!" She looked RIGHT AT ME and said "I love you too!!" haha everyone around me was freaking out. It was fantastic. After that a bunch of people kept saying "I love you taylor!" and she didn't respond. bahah. Im AWESOME.
 

photos courtesy of ellentv.com
 
It was such a magical day.
I can't wait until Thursday.. If only we could have this great of seats again..sigh.
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

Tracy Moore said...

That sounds like it was such a blast!! I wanna go to her concert someday!

Helen said...

Wait, so I have to know- did Emmerson get to go to Taylor on Ellen?! Have fun tonight!!!!

Nikki Nielsen said...

GAHHHH reading this has me all giddyyyyyy!!!!! i love you and taylor so much!! haha