Friday, June 21, 2013

A day in the life

Landon woke up at 5:30 am..he didn't go back to sleep, he did this yesterday too. And yesterday Logan went in to lay with him to help him fall back asleep and it didn't work. So this morning when the boy woke up practically in the middle of the night I told Logan I would lay with him because he 'always' goes back to sleep for me. Ha! Not today, I failed. I was mad, Landon was cranky, I said forget it. Shortly after, Chloe was awake, and there was nothing I could do about my sleep deprivation so I started my day as cheerful as possible. We hugged and kissed daddy goodbye as he left for work, played with trains and cars with a pause in between to feed the Chlo. I bathed the littles and got myself dressed, I even put make up on and a bow in my hair! Maybe today won't be so bad...I made my bed because things always seem a little less chaotic when your bed is made, even if there is a pile of laundry from 3 days ago that still needs to be folded right next to said bed. We packed up our things and headed to kohls..I was itching to get some 4th of July gear.  No luck there because Landon conveniently needed to go potty twice, and Chloe cried the whole time, as in 2 people stopped to ask me if she was okay..mom of the year! Yay, I can't control my littles! So we headed out of kohls, I didn't have a 30% off coupon anyway.. So our next stop was target, target is my happy place, and I told Landon if he continued to be a good boy I would get him a car, we do this a lot..the kid loves cars and they are only 97 cents. Th sandals I've had my eye on for a while we're on sale, yippeeee!! Oh, wait..no more in my size. Next was the diaper aisle, and Landon has a visual on the toy section, he's getting antsy for his car. I told him just a few more minutes then he could pick one out. After what seemed like an eternity for him, we made it to the hot wheels section..only today he didn't want hot wheels, he wanted $45 lightning McQueen car, I said "no bubba, maybe for your birthday" the crying starts. I show him the hundreds of different hot wheels he could choose from..I even offered the 5 pack to him..he was mad. Like not breathing, hysterically crying mad. So I gave him one last chance to pick a hot wheels car.. He threw it and cried harder..people are staring..I told him boys who cry don't get toys..kicking, screaming, crying some more. The cashier was sweet as could be as she rang up my diapers..my list was much longer than just diapers but today was not a day for that kind of shopping apparently..she offered Landon a sticker and he continued crying. He kicked some more as I put him in the car, and cried the whole way home, boy did he cry..I thought he might pass out. We got home and I put him in his room with blankie and bunny..crying some more...let him out...still crying...back in his room...still crying, but not as uncontrollably. Let him out..starting to breathe steadily again..gives me enough time to feed Chloe before their naps. Put her down in her crib..she's crying..put Landon down, he wants me to lay with him..I say I'll be right back..I have to put Chloe's paci back in her mouth..he's crying again..I go back and forth like this for ten minutes until Landon is exhausted enough to finally fall asleep. I held Chlo to calm her down, she burped..I figured that must have been the problem..I put her down, she's crying again..by now I feel like I might cry..I put the paci in one last time and walk to my room...silence....silence...maybe she's crying so hard so she hasn't taken a breath yet...I peek in..she's asleep! ..I peek in on Landon...looking so sweet as he sleeps..I feel like I ran a marathon..now it's time for me to sleep. Thank heavens it's Friday. ..

Haha, I just remembered that Logan picked up a Saturday shift. Awesome. I need a vacation...with a lot of Oreos included.

6 comments:

Dyanna Moore said...

I cracked up all the way through this post! Sorry. I've had many days like that in my very long life and I know they aren't funny when they are happening but they are sure funny to read about. Hang in there:)

Aleigh Joy Moore said...

Oh man, motherhood is sounding soo appealing to me right about now. Haha wish I was there to make some cookies with ya. That always seems to make things better, right?

Caitlin said...

Wow that foes sounds like a crazy day! Good luck you are a great mom!!

Scott said...

You and my Bonnie should get together and discuss your "mom of the year" days! I have a hard time not cracking up when I hear or read about days like this but dang they're rugged when it's actually happening!

Helen said...

Girl, I feel ya. Sometimes I remember what it was like to just have one and think, "what did i ever complain about? Life was so much less complicated!" Lol! Wish we lived closer to each other so we could run errands together/help each other/commisserate! You're a great mama!

Ashley said...

We've had a few episodes like that on my solo trips to walmart...each time I swear I'm never going back alone with the two of them again, but I usually do out of necessity. I feel your pain! Miss you guys.