Thursday, May 30, 2013

Arizona

We made the move 2 weeks ago, and home is now Glendale, Arizona. It's currently 98 degrees and I'm starting to see why everyone said we were crazy to move here just before summer..ha ha. I realize that it will still get 15 degrees hotter than this, and no..I'm still not quite sure how I'm going to handle that. However, for the first time in our lives (really, our whole lives) we are living in a home that has air conditioning, so honestly I'm feeling pretty good. Aside from the heat that will surely come, I love this area. Everything is new, every shopping center seems to be less than a few years old. The stores are never crowded, and the people have been so kind. I haven't had to drive on the freeway once since everything I need is right here in our little town. And I mean EVERYTHING..target, wal mart, Marshall's, Tj maxx, hobby lobby, Costco, cotton on, downeast basics, it's all soo close..I'm thrilled! Not to mention there's a Temple being built just minutes from our house, Angel Moroni just got placed last week :) Our ward is great, there are about a million babies and kids, therefore a lot of young families. Landon went to nursery by himself on Sunday..this is HUGE..every ward we've been in has been tough but the leaders here were so nice and willing to work with Landon. He was sad most of the time but I am so thankful to be in a ward that will get him comfortable in there without us..such a blessing. I absolutely love our house, it's perfect for us and the location couldn't be better. I'll post pictures once I get it looking the way I want it.

As much as I'm enjoying it here, yes my heart still aches for my sweet San Diego. I miss my family every day, and I know Landon misses his grandparents. It makes me hurt inside when he asks to go to  nana's house, or money's house, or fun trucking with papa, or playing monster trucks with grandpa. How do you explain to a 2 year old that best buddy Emmy's house isn't just a few minutes away anymore? I don't know that this part of moving away will ever get easier..but I do know this is where we are supposed to be right now. If that changes in a year, great..if not..that's okay too. So far the adjustment has been a thousand times better than I expected and for that I'm so grateful. It has reminded me how mindful our father in heaven is of me and my sweet little family. I want everyone back home to know how much I love you, and how much I miss you, ohh how I miss you. The few weeks leading up to this move were by far the most difficult of my life, what a testament of how wonderful my family is!!  Up until I actually drove away I didn't think I would be able to do it..but you all have been so supportive and helpful, you don't know what that means to me. Now remember, it's 5 1/2 hours from you to us, we will see each other often.  Hey, come today if you want ;)


P.s. I gave my blog a makeover, and I can't change my font colors or style. Waaaaaahhh

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

The blog looks great! My sister-in-law and her husband and little boy like in Glendale too!

Aleigh Joy Moore said...

I love you and miss you but I'm so glad you're happy!! I wanna come soon :)