Monday, April 8, 2013

Landon Lately

Where did my baby boy go?! He's growing up right before my very eyes and its going much too fast. Although it's bittersweet it is so much fun watching him learn and do new things.

 He's the sweetest big brother and is so happy to see Chloe when she wakes up in the morning and he always says something along the lines of "Good morning sunshine!" or "Good morning beautiful!" it melts my heart. Today he wanted to hold Chlo so logan helped him hold her and he rubbed her head a little bit than said "I wuv you Chlo! We're best friends" It was probably the sweetest thing I've heard in my life.

He is all things cars, trucks, planes, bugs, balls, wrestling, nerf guns, ovaltine, mac and cheese, bunny & blankie, golf, chasing monsters, and anything Logan does, Landon does...those guys are 2 peas in a pod.

About a week and a half ago he decided that diapers weren't his thing anymore. I bought him undies long ago thinking/wishing I would get brave enough to actually potty train him, but I would soon chicken out. He'd gone on the potty a few times before, but wasn't consistent and I really didn't want to push it because I didn't want him to hate it and have it seem like a punishment so I let him take the reigns on this one. Lo and behold last Friday he spotted those lightning mcqeen undies in his drawer and the rest is history. He has only had 3 accidents in the whole 11 days that he's been potty trained and 2 of them were right outside the bathroom, he just couldn't get there in time. It has seriously blown my mind at how well he has done. I wish I could take credit, but really this was all him. Of course I am beyond thrilled that we are done with diapers for him, but sometimes I hold my tiny baby girl and I think "Wasn't Landon JUST this small? Wasn't I JUST holding him like this?" and then I get that pain in my heart that makes me want to keep them tiny forever, poopy pants/spit up/up all night - the whole enchilada. I wouldn't even mind doing that forever if it meant they could always be my babies. But I can't, and that's life- so I let the bitterness go and think of the sweetness, and how much fun it is right NOW...because it is so much fun, and for a short time I've got the best of both worlds, and snuggly baby to hold and love on, and the silliest, sweetest toddler to be entertained by. Its a wonderful, wonderful life.. this whole motherhood thing.

2 comments:

Helen said...

Jealous he is potty training! 2 in diapers is rough! He is so cute!!

Dyanna Moore said...

Love this little man to pieces and so happy that you love motherhood as much as I do and that you are appreciating how fast it all goes. Best job ever!!