Friday, February 22, 2013

The sweetest of Mothers

At night when I pray to my Heavenly Father to thank him for the incredible (yet undeserving) amount of blessings he has given me, I go to bed thinking and pondering about those blessings. Among them is my sweet  momma. I can't even count the acts of kindness she has done for me throughout my life, let alone the last 4 weeks since I've had Chloe. Not only was she the first one to the Hospital when I went into labor, she came with freshly baked cookies for us and the nurses/doctors. She never left my side. Keep in mind we got to the hospital close to midnight, and I didnt have Chlo until the next morning, and she still went into work that day on no sleep..but you would never know it, she was happy as could be. Everytime she has come over to see my kiddos she has somehow ended up doing laundry and dishes. A few days after being home from the hospital logan had a seminar for 3 days from 8-5.. my mom spent most of her weekend with me to help, and I didn't even ask for it, but you could imagine how grateful I was. She helped entertain landon, hold Chloe, and while I napped she cleaned the entire house. Not kidding. One day she asked if she could come pick up Landon to run some errands with her to give me a break. He was excited to go, of course..but then came home with the biggest grin on his face because his Nana bought him the coolest lightning mcqeen chair...it was the sweetest thing..little did she know he has been wanting that chair for nearly a year. She takes my sisters and I (with all the kids in tow) shopping and to lunch constantly, and still has time to see her dad at his new assisted care home nearly every day. I can't even believe how lucky I am to call her my mom, and how lucky my kids are to call her Nana! She is the most loving and selfless person I think I will ever know, its apparent that her family is absolutely everything to her and she would do anything for any one of us. I don't know how I can ever pay her back for everything she has done for me because I don't think I'll ever be able to catch up. There's no stopping her, and I hope she knows I love her for everything she does that she doesn't have to. Here's to you mom!! I rally rally love you.

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

What a sweet post! You seem like you have the greatest mom. And Chloe looks adorable!

Aleigh Joy Moore said...

This is precious :)
You have such a wonderful mom!!

The Turnbulls said...

That's so nice! What a great mom you have! I hope I can be a mom/grandma like that someday. Such a great example of what we should aspire to be and what's really important in life.