Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Chloe Nichole

My sweet girl is nearly 3 weeks old, and I am just getting around to writing down the story of her birth. Around 26 weeks I started having pretty consistent contractions daily, it made for the next 12 weeks really not fun.. 3 trips to the hospital for different drugs to stop the contractions and be monitered was tiring and uncomfortable.We were really working on keeping Miss Chloe in my belly until at least 37 weeks. Thankfully we made it to that 37 week mark, but by then I was really reallllly itching for her to come out. At that point I was only 1 cm dilated and about 60% effaced, but her head was extremely low so I knew active labor could start any day. (I also found out that I tested positive for Strep B (I never had the test done with Landon because I went into labor too early for them to do the test so they just gave me the antibiotic anyway) So what that means is they need at least 4 hour of me in active labor, admitted to the hospital in order to give me the appropriate dosage of the antibiotic to make sure my sweet girl doesnt get strep. Considering I was only in labor for 7 hours with Landon, my doctor was concerned labor with Chloe would be much faster so as soon as I felt real labor start I needed to get to the hospital ASAP. That scared me! Every time I had a contraction, my mind would play tricks on me.."was that one stronger than the last? longer? more painful..etc" it was making me crazy.)

On January 23 (37weeks 4days) My friend Alexa came over to drop off a gift, and she was about to go on a nice long walk around my neighborhood. I jumped at the opportunity to go with her, because lets be honest I was more than sick of being pregnant and its true what they say, the last month of pregnancy is the worst and Im sorry for anyone who has to go through it, I hated it and I only dealt with it for a week.. haha. Anyways, lex and I took our little boys on a walk and I was feeling some pretty good contractions but nothing too crazy so I just went home and went about my day..by about 5 pm my contractions were 9-10 minutes apart and they didnt stop if I laid down or walked. I kept quiet about it for a few hours, I just wanted to see if this was real. By 8pm they were closer to 7 minutes apart and seemed to be more uncomfortable but again, was my mind playing tricks on me? Anyway I put landon to bed, I wanted to snuggle him like I usually do, and I couldn't shake the thought that that would be his last night as an only child. By 10pm my contractions were 5 minutes apart and I felt like it was probably time to head over to the hospital..but I wanted to talk to my doctor first. Logan gave me a blessing, and I felt comfortable and content and ready to have our little girl. I called Doctor Lasting and he reassured me that it was time to go! Dyanna came over to be with Landon, and Logan and I were on our way. We got to the hospital and they monitered my contractions checked my cervix. Contractions were 3 minutes apart and I was 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced. They admitted me and gave me the strep B antibiotic right away. Now we just waited.. and waited. They couldnt give me any pitocin or anything to speed up the process until I had the 2 doses of antibiotic. Luckily I had my fan club there to keep me company..Logan, Mom, Steph, and Nikki. Plus I had the most awesome nurse.. After a few hours I got my epidural and just in case you forgot.. it didn't work when I had Landon and I was not about to have that happen again. The anesthesiologist was really great and took a lot of time making sure he was getting it in the right spot and stayed with me until it kicked in to make sure it took in the right places..and it did! It was bliss. I couldn't feel a thing. Once they gave me my epidural it really slowed down my labor and I wasn't getting past 4 cm. At 8am my nurse came in and checked my cervix and it was almost to a 5, but then during a contraction it would go back to 4. So she just stretched me a little bit and within 20 minutes I was 10 cm! It was so fast.. it was crazy. My doctor came in and i pushed for about 10 minutes, my Chloe Nichole was here!! She was absolutely perfect, a ton of hair and beautiful as could be. She was 6 lbs 15 oz, 18 inches long. I was so happy to finally have her in my arms, and have her be perfectly healthy. 

She has been the easiest baby so far, I keep waiting for it to get harder! She is on a great schedule of eating every 3 hours during the day and every 4-5 hours at night. Don't get me wrong I am still exhausted, and transitioning to 2 kids has been a challenge but I've been so lucky to have Logan home with me. He just has online classes this semester, so he gets to spend a lot of time with landon. It has been a wonderful 3 weeks and I am so excited to watch this little peanut grow. i couldnt ask for a better little family.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Second babies seem to be so easy going...thank goodness! Congrats again to you guys! :)

Dyanna Moore said...

Looks like you are going to have to change the picture at the top of your blog:) I'm so glad!!

Caitlin said...

I LOVE reading birth stories! So happy for your cute family!